HomeICON RacingFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_Keaveney

avatar

Number of posts : 326
Age : 44
LFS Username : Joe_Keaveney
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi guys,

Please can you take a look at this provisional calendar for the 2010 iTCC Chanpionship and let me know if any dates are not suitable, either for your own personal reasons, or if they conflict with another event which is likely to impact on entries on that date.

iTCC Season 2 - Calendar 2010

Dates:

Round 1 - 10/01/10- AS6 - Races 1/2/3 - Laps TBC
Round 2 - 07/02/10 - WE1R - Races 1/2/3 - 14 Laps
Round 3 - 07/03/10 - KY2R- Races 1/2/3 - 13 Laps
Round 4 - 04/04/10 - SO5R - Races 1/2/3 - Laps TBC
Round 5 - 02/05/10 - FE3 - Races 1/2/3 - 17 Laps
Round 6 - 28/05/10 - BL1 - Races 1/2/3 - 19 Laps
Round 7 - 13/06/10 - KY2 - Races 1/2/3 - 13 Laps
Round 8 - 04/07/10 - AS3R - Races 1/2/3 - 13 Laps


Format

All Timings are UTC

14:15 Password Changed for Shootout 1
14:30 Reserve Shootout 1 - 20 Minutes (Race Numbers 1-49)
14:50 Server Empty & Password changed for Shootout 2
14:55 Server Open for Reserve Shootout 2
15:00 Reserve Shootout 2 - 20 Minutes (Race Numbers 50-99)
15:20 Server Empty & Password changed for Race
15:50 All Competitors for Race to be on server
16:00 Qualifying - 15 minutes
16:15 Break - 5 minutes
16:20 Race 1 - approx. 25 minutes (grid as per qualifying)
16:45 Break - 5 minutes
16:50 Race 2 - approx. 25 minutes (grid as per race 1 result)
17:15 Break - 5 minutes
17:20 Race 3 - approx 25 mins (Grid - Top 6,7,8,9, or 10 from Race 2 reversed depending on number drawn by lottery thereafter as per finishing order of Race 2)

OK I have a few questions I'd like you to give me your opinions on, if that's OK.

1) 8 rounds with 6 to count. Are you happy being there for each of those rounds?

2) Are you happy with the dates? The last round is on the American Day of Independence.

3) I've moved the whole timetable 2 hours forward - is this OK for everyone?

If you could let me know, I would appreciate this very much. I can then get on and announce the calendar and open sign-ups.

Cheers guys and thanks a million for all the work you guys have done, I can't wait for next season!

Joe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekojester



Number of posts : 5
Age : 31
LFS Username : dekojester
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:17 pm

The month spacing might be a bit much if you ask me...perhaps every two or three weeks. I'll take a look at the NDR schedules of events and get back to you on conflicts there.

Personally, I'm not too keen on the timetable shift, it makes the reserve shootouts at 8 am my time ! That's silly and might put off some of the americans in the series. I do believe those are Sundays still yes ?

I generally think the races could be shortened by a few minutes (boothy and I discussed this in MSN) and I liked his idea of doing what BTCC does - add a maximum of 3 laps if there are SCs in teh race - 1 to 1 ratio, up till three.

But I think the month between rounds is excessive..two or maybe three weeks would be best imho. But I should be free for all rounds anyway.

Joe_Keaveney wrote:
Hi guys,

Please can you take a look at this provisional calendar for the 2010 iTCC Chanpionship and let me know if any dates are not suitable, either for your own personal reasons, or if they conflict with another event which is likely to impact on entries on that date.

iTCC Season 2 - Calendar 2010

Dates:

Round 1 - 10/01/10- AS6 - Races 1/2/3 - Laps TBC
Round 2 - 07/02/10 - WE1R - Races 1/2/3 - 14 Laps
Round 3 - 07/03/10 - KY2R- Races 1/2/3 - 13 Laps
Round 4 - 04/04/10 - SO5R - Races 1/2/3 - Laps TBC
Round 5 - 02/05/10 - FE3 - Races 1/2/3 - 17 Laps
Round 6 - 28/05/10 - BL1 - Races 1/2/3 - 19 Laps
Round 7 - 13/06/10 - KY2 - Races 1/2/3 - 13 Laps
Round 8 - 04/07/10 - AS3R - Races 1/2/3 - 13 Laps


Format

All Timings are UTC

14:15 Password Changed for Shootout 1
14:30 Reserve Shootout 1 - 20 Minutes (Race Numbers 1-49)
14:50 Server Empty & Password changed for Shootout 2
14:55 Server Open for Reserve Shootout 2
15:00 Reserve Shootout 2 - 20 Minutes (Race Numbers 50-99)
15:20 Server Empty & Password changed for Race
15:50 All Competitors for Race to be on server
16:00 Qualifying - 15 minutes
16:15 Break - 5 minutes
16:20 Race 1 - approx. 25 minutes (grid as per qualifying)
16:45 Break - 5 minutes
16:50 Race 2 - approx. 25 minutes (grid as per race 1 result)
17:15 Break - 5 minutes
17:20 Race 3 - approx 25 mins (Grid - Top 6,7,8,9, or 10 from Race 2 reversed depending on number drawn by lottery thereafter as per finishing order of Race 2)

OK I have a few questions I'd like you to give me your opinions on, if that's OK.

1) 8 rounds with 6 to count. Are you happy being there for each of those rounds?

2) Are you happy with the dates? The last round is on the American Day of Independence.

3) I've moved the whole timetable 2 hours forward - is this OK for everyone?

If you could let me know, I would appreciate this very much. I can then get on and announce the calendar and open sign-ups.

Cheers guys and thanks a million for all the work you guys have done, I can't wait for next season!

Joe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_Keaveney

avatar

Number of posts : 326
Age : 44
LFS Username : Joe_Keaveney
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 pm

dekojester wrote:
The month spacing might be a bit much if you ask me...perhaps every two or three weeks. I'll take a look at the NDR schedules of events and get back to you on conflicts there.

Personally, I'm not too keen on the timetable shift, it makes the reserve shootouts at 8 am my time ! That's silly and might put off some of the americans in the series. I do believe those are Sundays still yes ?

I generally think the races could be shortened by a few minutes (boothy and I discussed this in MSN) and I liked his idea of doing what BTCC does - add a maximum of 3 laps if there are SCs in teh race - 1 to 1 ratio, up till three.

But I think the month between rounds is excessive..two or maybe three weeks would be best imho. But I should be free for all rounds anyway.


Thanks for the prompt reply, deko!

How about these dates then? I've checked they don't clash with MoE...

1 - 10/01/10
2 - 31/01/10
3 - 21/02/10
4 - 21/03/10
5 - 11/04/10
6 - 02/05/10
7 - 23/05/10
8 - 13/06/10

Cheers!

Joe

P.S. Yeah, understood about American times - point noted, I'll look at start times again. Also about race length and SC's. Maybe 1 to 2 laps shorter depending on laptimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boothy



Number of posts : 24
Age : 28
LFS Username : boothy
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:18 pm

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why do we need 8 rounds? Why does the schedule need to be changed to a time that will mean less people can race and watch? Shocked 6 rounds was fine, maybe 7 at a push with 6 counting if you really want a dropped round. iTCC last year was good because it was a novelty, a good Sunday evening show. Ok it tailed off towards the end, partly due to the midseason break but also due to the normal decline in numbers in all LFS events. Running for 22 weeks is a long time, especially with 8 rounds. Maybe

BTW, the poll on the lfs forum showed that 39 people wanted 6 rounds while only 37 wanted 8 rounds. Overall, 52 people wanted a dropped round. Therefore, if you are going to give them what they want it should be 6 or 7 rounds, with a dropped score. Wink 8 I think is too many, I mean, MoE, IGTC, and other leagues dont just change their schedule willynilly depending on some votes on the forum, and to fit 8 into the same amount of weeks as last year or hopefully even less, would be silly.

On the laps issue, I looked the race times and fastest laps from BTCC and iTCC, basically the theoretical minimum race time (based on fastest lap x laps) for iTCC was a minute or two longer than BTCC, so 1 lap off each race (maybe 2 for the shorter tracks), coupled with the up to 3 lap extension period under SC would be best. This would allow in most cases for races not to finish under the SC.

Looking at the revised calendar looks like I'd be there for most if not all races (only one I might miss depending on if I'm at the BTCC is on 2nd May) Smile

Please don't hesitate to ask us about any other rules etc that could be changed - or I'll just make suggestions anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe_Keaveney

avatar

Number of posts : 326
Age : 44
LFS Username : Joe_Keaveney
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanks for your honesty as ever guys, it is much appreciated, helps keep us on track. You know what, I'm fine with 6 rounds too, and sod it, they'll all count. I have an important event coming up mid-2010 anyway, so it would be nice to be finished before then.

I'll do another calendar and be back tomorrow with it.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekojester



Number of posts : 5
Age : 31
LFS Username : dekojester
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:31 pm

I would suggest an incentive to attend all rounds, a la IGTC/GTAL - +10 points (or something) for attending all rounds; something like "Start race 1 and you get counted for it" so it might help to encourage big effort in the shootouts etc. ofc the points can be modified.

And a resounding +1 to boothy

Joe_Keaveney wrote:
Thanks for your honesty as ever guys, it is much appreciated, helps keep us on track. You know what, I'm fine with 6 rounds too, and sod it, they'll all count. I have an important event coming up mid-2010 anyway, so it would be nice to be finished before then.

I'll do another calendar and be back tomorrow with it.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mp3 Astra



Number of posts : 3
Age : 26
LFS Username : Mp3 Astra
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm a bit late... But I would just like to say that it would be much better in terms of viewing figures, driver commitment and such, if you were to have the races more regularly than once per month. That's how I'd definitely prefer it. Oh, and also, AS3 instead of AS3r Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boothy



Number of posts : 24
Age : 28
LFS Username : boothy
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Mp3 Astra wrote:
I'm a bit late... But I would just like to say that it would be much better in terms of viewing figures, driver commitment and such, if you were to have the races more regularly than once per month. That's how I'd definitely prefer it. Oh, and also, AS3 instead of AS3r Cool

Nooooo we want variety and to see them attempt the T1 chicane Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Radial

avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 26
Location : Melbourne, Australia
LFS Username : Laser171107
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Good calendar, 6 is a good number of races spread over 3 week intervals I believe like has been previously mentioned. I would take out AS3 and KY2R, but thats just me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boothy



Number of posts : 24
Age : 28
LFS Username : boothy
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:14 am

Going by the CTRA lap record (78.16s) and given the CTRA record was broken at each track, I propose 16 laps for SO5R Idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!   

Back to top Go down
 
2010 iTCC Calendar - Please read!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Test javascript Calendar
» 2010 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest Winners
» I Can! Essay contest. Dollar general Literacy foundation. *read eligibility*
» DJ IRIE Calendar Contest *Must live in South Beach and 21 or older*
» Sentinel Spectrum Calendar Photo 4 *australia only*

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ICON RACING -LFS :: ICON Racing - LEAGUES :: ICON Touring Car Championship-
Jump to: